Click on the links below to read work published by CSPRI researchers. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can install it here.
- Toregas et al, "Exploring Ways to Give Engineering Cyber Security Students a Stronger Policy and Management Perspective," GW-CSPRI-2016-01.
- Hoffman et al. "Cross-disciplinary Collaboration in Cybersecurity: A Workshop Report," GW-CSPRI-2016-02
- Masood, R., "Assessment of Cyber Security Challenges in Nuclear Power Plants: Security Incidents, Threats, and Initiatives, Report GW-CSPRI-2016-03, August 15, 2016.
- Lance Hoffman and Sam Klein, "A New Privacy Framework with Criteria Inspired by Fair Information Practice Principles," Report GW-CSPRI-2015-2.
- Costis Toregas, "Your Data Is Compromised. (Yes, Yours.) What Now?," National Journal, July 14, 2015.
- Trey Herr, "Prepare for breaches," The Hill, July 9, 2015.
- Trey Herr and Eric Armbrust. Milware: Identification and Implications of State Authored Malicious Software," 2015.
- Landwehr, Carl. "Workshop to Develop a Building Code and Research Agenda For Medical Device Software Security," Report GW-CSPRI-2015-1.
- Hoffman, Lance. "How to defuse a simmering crypto war," The Christian Science Monitor, March 11, 2015.
- Berliner, Jonathan. "An Intelligence, Economic, Political, and Technological Cost/Benefit Analysis of Cyber Surveillance Techniques," Report GW-CSPRI-2014-4.
- Allan Friedman and Lance Hoffman, "The Internet of (Whose) Things: Business Models, Computer Architectures, and Privacy," Report GW-CSPRI-2014-3.
- Rachelle Heller, "What approaches work best for teaching secure coding practices?”, presented at the 2014 HUIC Education and STEM Conference
- CSPRI Fact Sheet (May 5, 2014): Big Data and Privacy (General)
- CSPRI Fact Sheet (May 5, 2014): PCAST-Specific
- Susan Aaronson, "Musing on Netmundial," special report, April 26, 2014.
- "Getting to the Heart(bleed) of the Problem," (Trey Herr and Allan Friedman cited as sources) GW Today, April 16, 2014.
- Costis Toregas, Nicolas Zahn, "Insurance for Cyber Attacks: The Issue of Setting Premiums in Context," Report GW-CSPRI-2014-1, January 7, 2014.
- Allan Friedman, "Cyber Theft of Competitive Data: Asking the Right Questions" Brookings Institution, 2013.
- Allan Friedman, Austen Mack-Crane, and Ross Hammond, "Cyber-enabled Competitive Data Theft: A Framework for Modeling Long-Run Cybersecurity Consequences" Working Paper, 2013.
- Allan Friedman, "Cybersecurity and Trade: National Policies, Global and Local Consequences" Brookings Institution, 2013.
- Allan Friedman, "Why Wasn't the NSA Prepared?" The Atlantic, 2013.
- Anna Choromanska, Krzysztof Choromanski, Geetha Jagannathan, and Claire Monteleoni, Differentially-Private Learning of Low Dimensional Manifolds.
- Geetha, Jagannathan, Claire Monteleoni, and Krishnan Pillaipakkamnatt, A Semi-Supervised Learning Approach to Differential Privacy.
- Lance Hoffman, Social Science, Computer Science, and Cybersecurity Workshop Summary Report, Proceedings of the Integrating the Social Sciences into the Design of Cybersecurity Systems Workshop.
- Carl Landwehr & Lance J. Hoffman, Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace First PI Meeting Summary Report, Report GW-CSPRI-2013-01, Mar. 25, 2013.
- Andrew K. Hirsch, Michael R. Clarkson, “Belief Semantics of Authorization Logic”, to appear in Proc. ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 2013.
- Mingyang Zhang, Nan Zhang, and Gautam Das, Aggregate Suppression for Enterprise Search Engines, Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD) 2012.
- Ronald C Dodge, Costis Toregas, Lance Hoffman, Cybersecurity Workforce Development Directions, Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on Human Aspects of Information Security and Assurance HAISA 2012.
- Lisa Ugelow and Lance J. Hoffman, "Fighting On a New Battlefield Armed with Old Laws: How to Monitor Terrorism In the Virtual World", Journal of Constitutional Law, Vol. 14, No. 4, March 2012.
- 2010-2011 Seminar Series Report: Developing Cyber Security Synergy
- Allan Friedman, Tyler Moore, and Ariel Procaccia, "Cyber-sword vs. cyber-shield: The Dynamics of US Cybersecurity Policy Priorities" Working paper, 2011.
- Allan Friedman, "Cybersecurity in the Balance: Weighing the Risks of the PROTECT IP Act and the Stop Online Piracy Act" Brookings Institution, 2011.
- Allan Friedman, "Economic and Policy Frameworks for Cybersecurity Risks" Issues in Technology Innovation, 2011.
- Allan Friedman, Patrick Crowley, and Darrell West, "Online Identity and Consumer Trust: Assessing Online Risk" Brookings Report, 2011.
- Diana L. Burley, Ph.D. Recruiting, Educating, and Retaining Cyber Security Professionals in the Federal Workforce: Lessons Learned but not yet Applied, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-1, February 2, 2011.
- Diana L. Burley and Matt Bishop, Summit on Education in Secure Software, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-7, June 30, 2011.
- Lance J. Hoffman, Diana L. Burley, and Costis Toregas, Thinking Across Stovepipes: Using a Holistic Development Strategy to Build a Cybersecurity Workforce, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-8, November 1, 2011. Revised and Published in IEEE Security & Privacy vol. 10, no. 2 (March/April 2012), pp. 33-39, as "Holistically Building the Cybersecurity Workforce",http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MSP.2011.181.
- Kamalika Chaudhuri, Claire Monteleoni, Anand Sarwate, Differentially Private Empirical Risk Minimization, JMLR 2011.
- Joseph J. Cordes An Overview of the Economics of Cybersecurity and Cybersecurity Policy, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-6, June 1, 2011.
- Amitai Etzioni, Cybersecurity in the Private Sector, Issues in Science and Technology, Fall 2011, pp. 58-62.
- Charles L. Glaser, Deterrence of Cyber Attacks and U.S. National Security, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-5, June 1, 2011
- Frederic Lemieux, Ph.D. Investigating Cyber Security Threats: Exploring National Security and Law Enforcement Perspectives, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-2, April 7, 2011.
- Paul Rosenzweig, The Data Minefield (external link)
- Julie Ryan, D.Sc. Cyber Security: The Mess We're In: And Why it's Going to Get Worse, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-4, April 11, 2011.
- Neal Sikka, M.D. Security and Privacy: Clinical Case Studies, Report GW-CSPRI-2011-3, April 8, 2011.
- Hoeteck Wee, Threshold and Revocation Cryptosystems via Extractable Hash Proofs, Eurocrypt 2011.
- Nan Zhang, Xin Jin, Aditya Mone, and Gautam Das, Randomized Generalization for Aggregate Suppression Over Hidden Web Databases, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (PVLDB), Volume 4, 2011.
- Allan Friedman and Darrell West, "Privacy and Security in Cloud Computing." Issues in Technology Innovation Vol. 3, 2010.
- Tyler Moore, Allan Friedman, and Ariel Procaccia, ”Would a ’Cyber Warrior’ Protect Us? Exploring Trade-offs Between Attack and Defense of Information Systems” New Security Paradigms Workshop. 2010.
- Michael R. Clarkson and Fred B. Schneider, Hyperproperties, Journal of Computer Security, 18(6): 1157-1210, 2010.
- Michael R. Clarkson and Fred B. Schneider, Quantification of Integrity, Proc. IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium, pages 28-43, July 2010.
- David Alan Grier, Sabatoge!, Nov. 2010
- Lance J. Hoffman, Building the Cyber Security Workforce of the 21st Century: Report of a Workshop on Cyber Security Education and Workforce Development, Report GW-CSPRI-2010-3, December 15, 2010.
- Ross A. Lumley, Cyber Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing: Multidisciplinary Research Problems in Business,Report GW-CSPRI-2010-4, December 18, 2010.
- Patricia MacTaggart and Stephanie Fiore, Healthcare Reform and Medical Data Security and Privacy, Report GW-CSPRI-2010-1, December 13, 2010.
- Jeffrey Rosen, From Perfect Citizen to Naked Bodyscanners: When is Surveillance Reasonable? Report GW-CSPRI-2010-2, December 14, 2010.
- Hoeteck Wee, Black-Box Round-Efficient Secure Computation via Non-Malleability Amplification, FOCS 2010.
- Allan Friedman, Alessandro Acquisti, and Rahul Telang, "Is There a Cost to Privacy Breaches?" International Conference on Information Systems, 2006.
- Lance J. Hoffman and Costis Toregas. Towards Increasing the IT Security Capacity of the Workforce in the United States Intergovernmental System. Report GW-CSPRI-2006-01, January 2006.